USE CASE OF VPD IN NURSERY
1. Newly rooted cutlings or just germinated seedlings or young plants, with limited foliage and a small root system. This plants should have low transpiration, so we need to keep them at low VPD (4 – 8 mbar) in order to achive that high RH must be established (depending on temperature).
2. Good established plants, with developed foliage and root system. This plants should have higher VPD (8 – 12 mbar), that means we need to keep low RH (depending on temperature), and that we have high transpiration. We achive with that:
- More healthy plants, because of lower diseases pressure (low RH)
- More nutrients uptake, because of more root system activity (high transpiration), also more water uptake
- If we keep high VPD at lower temperature (higher RH), we will avoid transpiration stress